Open an Account
Why You Should Open an Account
There are several reasons to open an account. It keeps your money secure and can save you money from check cashing and money wire transfer businesses. It can help you take advantage of tools to manage your money and monitor your spending. And if you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment
or IRS tax refund, you can get the payment faster with direct deposit.
NYC SafeStart Account
The NYC SafeStart AccountTrò chơi xổ số Việt Nam is a savings account for all New Yorkers. Features:
- NO overdraft fees
- NO monthly fees, provided minimum balances are met
- LOW minimum balance requirements ($25 or less)
- ATM card (No debit card)
Participating NYC SafeStart Account Partners
- You can open an NYC SafeStart Account at participating bank and credit union branches. Branches may have limited hours due to the COVID-19 crisis, so we urge you to call before visiting a location.
- These banks also offer other basic accounts that you can apply online to open. However, these accounts may not have all the features of an NYC SafeStart Account.
|NYC SafeStart Account Partners||Website||Telephone
|Carver Federal Savings Bank
|Ridgewood Savings Bank
Additional Banking Options: IDNYC and BankOn Partners
You can also open an account at an institution that accepts IDNYC as a primary form of ID, or opt for a BankOn-certified account with online opening features.
- Visit on.nyc.gov/idnycbanks for a list of IDNYC banks and credit unions offering accounts.
- Visit for information about opening an account online that is BankOn-certified.
Learn more about our Do More With Your Money Tip Sheets including:
Open a Checking Account | Understand Prepaid Cards | Consider a 529 Plan